It’s 2017 and social media has come into its own an important stage for digital communication. With such a large impact on any product or emerging idea, this new frontier calls for a change in everything from sales and leads to branding strategies and marketing campaigns, and I’m hoping to show you a few ways to take advantage of it.
Thanks to its potential to reach a large audience in a short time at very low cost, this platform is a perfect way to advertise and get the most bang for your buck. However, to take full advantage of the opportunities presented you must be aware of an important fact – social media marketing is very dynamic and requires an understanding of the shifting trends inherent in the medium. Know your tools and you’ll be well equipped to handle this fluctuating scene and use it to your advantage.
With that in mind, here are the top social media marketing statistics you need to be aware of:
- There are over 1.6 Billion active social media accounts all over the globe with 1 million new and active mobile users added each year.
- Videos and photos are more likely to be shared than non visual content on social media websites
- 95 % of adults aged 18 to 34 follow one or more brands on social networking sites.
- 71% of consumers who have had a great experience with a certain brand are more likely to share their story and recommend the brand to other people.
Important Facebook Stats
- In 2015, Facebook was a major online force influencing 52 percent of online consumers.
- No ads on Facebook generated an emotional response; meanwhile, 20% of the total posts did.
- 4.4 Million Videos were uploaded to Facebook back in 2016 and generated a whopping 199 billion views in total.
- Facebook has over 40 Million active small-business pages, 4 million of which actively pay for Facebook advertisement.
- The best time to post on Facebook is at 3PM on a Wednesday; other ‘Peak’ times are 12:00 – 1:00 PM on a Saturday and Sunday and 1:00 – 4:00 PM on Friday and Thursday.
- 92% of all twitter interactions are link clicks.
- Twitter has over 1.3 Billion accounts but only 320 million are active or used off and on.
- 78% of the people who complain about a brand through twitter generally get a response within an hour. (I.E. Its clearly an important media website for customer feedback.)
- Adding more Hashtags on Twitter has no effect on performance and – as it turns out – posts without Hashtags performed much better.
- Most top brands have a 4.21% engagement rating, which is 58% higher than on Facebook and 120 times more than on Twitter.
- 90% of the people using Instagram are younger than 35.
- Posts tagged with another user get 56% more engagements, while those tagged with a location show a whopping 79% increase in clicks.
- On Instagram, products were the highest ranking content type for the top 200 major global brands in terms of engagement at 60%, leaving behind lifestyle by over 20 percent.
- In 2015 alone, 40 Billion views in total were recorded for branded content alone.
- An average YouTube session lasts for 40 minutes and is almost always from a mobile device.
If you learned something, please share this with a friend!